Solar Plastic Molding
Get rid of your molding energy bill. Our solar plastic molding systems use solar heat from heliostats to make plastic parts, instead of using fossil fuels. Our Solar Rotational Molding (SRM®) systems cost less to purchase and to operate than traditional rotomolding factories. SRM systems don’t require a building or support structures – they are installed on unimproved land and operate entirely off-grid. No gas or electrical connection needed.
|ARE YOU A MOLDER?
Click to take our short survey now – qualify for special pricing!
|SRM Overview Video
More Video Below…
- Make more profit than your competitors, or reduce price to gain market share. 5-30% finished part cost savings.
- Zero carbon emissions, low-cost plastic molding
- Generate carbon-credits
- Add molding capacity at much lower cost than traditional molding cells
- Deploy systems seasonally or on a trial basis – SRM systems can be moved / redeployed if desired
- Easier permitting – no building, grid-tie energy required
- Easily locate factories close to customers – reduce shipping costs, lead times
- Economically viable on over 49% of Earth’s land mass.
- SRM systems ship ‘turn-key’, with everything needed to make plastic parts except the molds and plastic resin.
- Normal rotational molds can be used, with no modifications except a coat of solar absorptive paint.
- Cycle times are equal or less than traditional rotomolding.
SRM Systems are in private Beta at several commercial molding sites, and will be released for general sale in late 2014.
Other Solar Thermal Applications
- Process Steam / Heat
- Industrial and domestic hot water
- Oil recovery
- LEED / Green Building Projects
Contact us with your industrial thermal project, and learn how LightManufacturing’s advanced heliostat arrays can reduce operating costs and improve sustainability at your facility.